Name: Cinnamon Twists
Inspired by: The Night Circus
Secret Ingredient: Real butter and vanilla
"Fantastically delicious cinnamon things...they are good. Layers of pastry and cinnamon and sugar all rolled into a twist and covered in icing." - Widget
These flaky layers of pastry and cinnamon sugar are easy to prepare and bake in no time. Cozy up with a book, and enjoy warm from the oven.
Making the Cinnamon Twists
You will need:
- 1 can of refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Separate crescent dough into rectangles. Seal the diagonal line running through each rectangle.
- Spread melted butter on half of the rectangles.
- In a small bowl, combine cinnamon with sugar. Spread this mixture over the melted butter.
- Place each rectangle that has not been spread with butter on top of the cinnamon-topped dough rectangles.
- Cut each pair of dough rectangles into long and moderately thin slices.
- Twist each slice several times, and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake until golden (about 8 minutes).
- When cool, combine powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla to make icing. Spoon icing on top of twists and enjoy.