Vegan Shepard's Pie
Name: Vegan Shepard's Pie
Inspired by: Scott Pilgrim
Secret Ingredient: Friends to do the work for you
"A salad on the side would be health conscious, but we only have so much energy for this." - Stephen Stills
Making the Vegan Shepard's Pie
You will need:
- 4 potatoes
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 stick celery, with leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 onion
- Vegan gravy mix
- Fake meat stuff
- Olive oil (the finest!)
- Soy margarine
- Soy milk
- Red wine (optional)
- 3 sliced tomatoes, 8 oz. cooked spinach or 1/2 cup corn (optional)
- Mince onion, carrot, celery, and garlic, or use a food processor.
- Boil the potatoes 15-20 minutes until tender, then mash. Set aside.
- Cook vegetables in olive oil until soft (about 15-20 minutes).
- Optional: add red wine.
- Add fake meat stuff, gravy, and soymilk. Stir until the sauce is smooth.
- Mash the potatoes with soymilk and soy margarine.
- Spread the vegetable mixture into a 9x13 casserole dish.
- (Optional: add a layer of sliced tomatoes, cooked spinach, or corn.)
- Add a layer of mashed potatoes.
- Optional: bake until crispy (about 20 minutes) at 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).