"They're just children; they can't help where they came from." - The Tenth Doctor
The original idea for adipose marshmallows came from The Theme Party Girl's blog. I added a bit more flavor by stuffing the marshmallows with chocolate and nuts. Any kind of nut will work here, so use your favorite. And make lots - the marshmallows just walk away...
- Using the tip of a sharp knife, poke a hole in the bottom of each jumbo marshmallow.
- Stuff each jumbo marshmallow with the chopped nuts and chocolate chips.
- Combine sugar and water in a bowl.
- Paint the sides of each jumbo marshmallow with the sugar water and affix the regular marshmallow 'arms and legs', as in the picture above. (If you're having trouble, you can try using toothpicks instead.)
- Draw a smiley face on each regular marshmallow using the chocolate syrup.