Name: Adipose Marshmallows
Inspired by: Doctor Who
Serving Size: as desired
Secret Ingredient: Sugar water "glue"
"They're just children; they can't help where they came from." - The Tenth Doctor
The original idea for adipose marshmallows came from The Theme Party Girl's blog. We added a bit more flavor by stuffing the marshmallows with chocolate and nuts. Make lots - the marshmallows just walk away...
Making the Adipose Marshmallows
You will need:
- 1 bag jumbo marshmallows
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts (or your nut of choice)
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup confectionary sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons cold water
- 1 bag regular marshmallows
- 1 bottle chocolate syrup
- Using the tip of a sharp knife, poke a hole in the bottom of each jumbo marshmallow.
- Stuff each jumbo marshmallow with the chopped nuts and chocolate chips.
- Combine sugar and water in a bowl.
- Paint the sides of each jumbo marshmallow with the sugar water and affix the regular marshmallow "arms and legs", as in the picture above. (If you're having trouble, you can try using toothpicks instead.)
- Draw a smiley face on each regular marshmallow using the chocolate syrup.