Name: Dandelion Salad
Inspired by: The Hunger Games
Secret Ingredient: Prim's goat cheese
"That night, we gorged ourselves on dandelion salad and the rest of the bakery bread." - Katniss
Making the Dandelion Salad
You will need:
- 1 pound dandelion greens
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup fresh citrus (lemon or orange) juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 1/3 cup goat cheese
- Remove the dead dandelion leaves, rinse several times, and add the greens to a bowl.
- Wash the tomatoes, slice them lengthwise, and add to the bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine citrus juice, oil, salt, and pepper and mix well.
- Pour dressing over salad and stir to ensure all greens are covered.
- Top with shredded basil and goat cheese.
- Serve with strawberries, freshly-baked bread, and mint tea.