Eat Me Cookies
Name: Eat Me Cookies
Inspired by: Alice in Wonderland
Serving Size: about 20 cookies
In Disney's version of Alice in Wonderland, Alice encounters these colorful, magical cookies that cause her to grow and shrink. Enjoy these on any of your very merry unbirthdays!
Making the Eat Me Cookies
You will need:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 1.5 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 2 teaspoons light corn syrup
- Food coloring
- Rainbow sprinkles
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Mix in egg and 2 teaspoons of the vanilla.
- Whisk flour, salt, and baking soda in a separate bowl. Then, mix into dough.
- Set aside a small (palm-sized) amount of dough to make chocolate flavored. Mix the cocoa powder into this dough.
- Wrap or cover both types of dough, and chill (about 1 hour).
- Once chilled, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- For checkerboard cookies, make small squares of chocolate and vanilla dough, and stick or seal together to make a single cookie as in the picture.
- Roll out remaining dough and cut out shapes with round, flower, or star cookie cutters.
- Place cookies on a prepared sheet, and bake until golden (about 8 minutes).
- Transfer cookies to cooling rack. While they cool, make icing by mixing confectioner's sugar, milk, corn syrup, and remaining vanilla. Separate icing into bowls, and make different colors as desired with food coloring. (This icing dries fast, but looks very shiny and Disney style.)
- Decorate cookies with sprinkles and icing, and enjoy!