"Can I have a sip of that? I'd like to know what a five-dollar shake tastes like." - Vincent
Some people make the mistake of adding bourbon. There's no bourbon in this shake. It's milk and ice cream. Add less ice cream for a thinner milkshake. The malt powder will make a richer shake, but it's optional.
- Put mixing bowl and beaters in freezer to chill (about 20 minutes).
- When cold, remove bowl from freezer and combine whipping cream, confectioners' sugar, and 1/2 tsp of the vanilla extract.
- Whisk at high speed with chilled beaters until stiff peaks form (about 1 minute). Do not overbeat.
- Blend remaining ingredients except for cherries until smooth.
- Pour shake mixture into tall glasses.
- Top each glass with whipped cream and a cherry, and add a straw.