Name: The Hitlerwich
Inspired by: Red Dwarf
Serving Size: Serves 1 well-intentioned time traveler
Secret Ingredient: Hate (and margarine)
"Ignore him! He's a complete and total nutter!" - Lister (to members of the Nuremberg rally)
In the Timeslides episode, Lister goes back in time and steals Adolf Hitler's briefcase, which contains a bomb and a sandwich of banana and crisps.
Making the Hitlerwich
You will need:
- 2 slices Kommissbrot bread (dark sourdough made of rye and wheat flours)
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 banana
- 1 bag of crisps (potato chips)
- Spread the margarine on the bread slices.
- Place crisps in a plastic bag and crush, for a finer texture (optional).
- Add crisps on one of the buttered bread slices. (The margarine should help make the crisps stick ot the bread.)
- Peel the banana, and cut in half. Then cut each half down the middle, so you have four long and thin quarter slices.
- Layer the banana evenly on top of the remaining buttered bread.
- Flip the bread layered with banana on top of the braed with crisps, and press down slightly to help the banana stick to the crisps.