Name: Juju Gumbo
Inspired by: RuneScape
Secret Ingredient: A strange potato
"A strange stew." - Upon examination of the Juju Gumbo food item
A strangely delicious gumbo made with colorful marble potatoes! I don't recommend the food coloring unless you'd really like a true-to-RuneScape purple stew. Yummy and flavorful - great for when you need a super boost of health!
Making the Juju Gumbo
You will need:
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 8 slices smoked (uncooked) bacon, chopped
- 1/2 can tuna fish
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 can (2 cups) chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 pinch cayenne or Creole seasoning
- Blue or red food coloring (optional)
- 1 lb. (16 oz.) of marble potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup spinach or swiss chard
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Drain the tuna fish from the can.
- Fry onions, garlic, bacon and tuna together over medium heat.
- Add corn and green pepper once bacon has cooked and fry until tender.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a cooking pot, combine oil and flour over medium heat.
- Stir and continue to heat until the color of the mixture is light brown.
- Stir in the broth, water, cayenne, and bacon mixture.
- Add drops of red and blue food coloring until the stew is sufficiently purple (optional).
- Add the potato chunks, and simmer until the soup is thick and the chunks are tender (about 30 minutes).
- Add the spinach and cook until wilted.
- Season with salt and pepper as desired.