Name: Mirelurk Cakes
Inspired by: Fallout 3
Secret Ingredient: Smoky Bacon Mayo Sandwich Spread (or equivalent)
"My specialty is Mirelurk Cakes. Although the iguana is very popular too." - Gary Staley, gourmet chef
In Fallout 3, mirelurks are huge crustacean mutants. Aside from cutting down the amounts and substituting green onion for "scrub plant", this recipe is almost verbatim from Fallout 3. We recommend a peppery sauce of your choosing on the side.
Making the Mirelurk Cakes
You will need:
- 1 pound crab ("mirelurk") meat
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise or Dijon mustard
- 2-3 green onions, dried and crushed
- 2 tsp salt
- Oil (for pan)
- Spices (optional)
- Remove any shell from crab.
- In bowl, toss together bread, egg, green onion and mayo until moistened, but do not over mix. Add any available spices for taste.
- Ball up 25-30 cakes, 1/2 to 3/4 inches thick. Place in refrigerator until they firm up (about an hour). Sprinkle batch with salt.
- In heavy pan, fry cakes in oil, turning once until both sides are brown.