"いただきまーす！ (Let's eat!)" - Yotsuba
This will make about two servings of Naporitan, a Japanese pasta dish. You can also add mushrooms, additional vegetables, or bacon.
- In a large pot, add the water and place over medium-high heat.
- When water is boiling, add spaghetti and cook until al dente, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Add oil to a saucepan over medium heat, and stir-fry onion, bell pepper, and sausage until tender (do not brown).
- Drain spaghetti and add to saucepan. Add salt and pepper, as desired, and stir until ingredients are combined.
- Add ketchup and stir to evenly cover the spaghetti.
- Add butter and stir. Remove from heat once fully melted and combined.
- If desired, cook sunny-side up eggs: add butter to small skillet and allow to melt over low heat. When the butter has melted, add one egg and fry (about 5 minutes). Repeat for second egg. Serve Naporitan hot with fried eggs on top. Season with spicy tabasco sauce as desired.