"We can't make delicious omurice using the equipment we have!" - Minko
There are several ways to complete this delicious chicken, rice, and egg dish. Watch a professional chef show his elegant method of making omurice here. You may also add chopped carrots, mushrooms, or other vegetables to the rice mixture. I included broccoli as a optional garnish, since Ohana from Hanasaku Iroha makes broccoli "revenge" omurice for her mother who neglected her as a child. A version of "love" omurice (shown in the image gallery) is also featured on the show.
Kyoukai no Kanata
Mob Psycho 100
- Mince onion and cut chicken into small (half-inch) pieces.
- Sauté onion with oil over medium heat until softened.
- Add chicken to pan, and sauté until golden brown on all sides and cooked through.
- Add rice. Once thoroughly warmed, stir in salt, pepper, 1 tbsp ketchup, and soy sauce.
- Once rice has fried, transfer mixture to a plate. Clean and ready pan for egg.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg(s) and milk.
- Reheat pan with oil. When pan is hot, add egg mixture, and tilt to cover the pan.
- When egg has set on the bottom, sprinkle cheese on top (optional). Then add rice mixture in a line across the middle.
- Use spatula to push edges of egg over the rice mixture.
- Push the entire omelet to the edge of the pan, and then flip onto the plate.
- Drizzle or write words on the top of the omelet with remaining ketchup. (If a ketchup bottle is too hard to control, you may cut a pointy end off of a plastic bag to make a piping bag.)
- Garnish with parsley (or cooked broccoli).