This recipe was adapted from the official Dragonlance Lexicon and Black Robe's recipe on the Dragonlance Nexus. Thanks for the suggestion, reddit users Ornery_Celt and Simmion!
- Scrub potatoes and remove the eyes. Do not remove skin.
- Chop potatoes into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Parboil or steam the potatoes (or cook them in the microwave until softened).
- Heat an iron skillet and melt butter until it sizzles. (Try not to use a nonstick pan, as this will hamper the frying process).
- Add cayenne to the butter and stir.
- Add potato cubes to the pan. Fry at medium heat until crisp, continuing to stir. (This may take longer than you think! Make sure the cubes fully brown on each side.)
- Meanwhile, chop onion finely. Once the potatoes have cooked, add onion and fry for an additional minute.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, and serve hot with bread, cheese, and ale.