"I didn't know your dad made such yummy pie!" - Adrien Agreste
This French quiche has baby spinach, fresh wild salmon...and, yes, Camembert cheese. Don't tell Adrien the recipe - he'd never live it down.
- Fit the pastry into a pie pan. Pierce the bottom all over with a fork. Place the pan in the freezer and chill for at least 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (about 204°C).
- Slice shallots, and sauté in 1 tablespoon butter over medium low until just soft.
- Stir in chopped spinach until wilted.
- Season salmon with remaining butter, juice from the lemon quarter, salt, and pepper. Cook until flaky (by sautéing or steaming).
- Once oven is preheated, bake the crust in the oven (about 12 minutes).
- Set aside to cool (at least ten minutes before filling). Turn oven down to 325°F (163°C).
- Whisk eggs, crème fraîche, and nutmeg in a small bowl. Add additional salt and pepper as desired.
- Spread or place slices of Camembert evenly along the base of the pastry crust.
- Top with shallots, as well as most of the spinach and chopped salmon.
- Pour egg mixture evenly into crust.
- Add remaining spinach and salmon. Top with shredded basil, dill, and Gruyère.
- Bake until golden (about 40 minutes).