Salmon and Spinach Pie
Name: Salmon and Spinach Pie
Inspired by: Miraculous Ladybug
"I didn't know your dad made such yummy pie!" - Adrien Agreste
This French quiche has baby spinach, fresh wild salmon...and, yes, Camembert cheese. Adrien might scold Plagg for loving it, but deep down, we know it's his favorite too. Don't tell him the recipe - he'd never live it down!
Making Salmon and Spinach Pie
You will need:
- 1 round 9" puff pastry
- 1/2 cup shallots
- 1 cup spinach
- 5.28 oz. (~150g) salmon fillet
- Juice from 1/4 of a lemon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup crème fraîche
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 6 tablespoons (100g) of Camembert
- 1/8 cup (1g) fresh basil
- 1/8 cup (1g) fresh dill
- 1/2 cup grated Gruyère cheese
- Salt and pepper, as desired
- Fit the pastry into a pie pan. Pierce the bottom all over with a fork. Place the pan in the freezer and chill for at least 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (about 204°C).
- Slice shallots, and sauté in 1 tablespoon butter over medium low until just soft.
- Stir in chopped spinach until wilted.
- Season salmon with remaining butter, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Cook until flaky (by sautéing or steaming).
- Once oven is preheated, bake the crust in the oven (about 12 minutes).
- Set aside to cool (at least ten minutes before filling). Turn oven down to 325°F (163°C).
- Whisk eggs, crème fraîche, and nutmeg in a small bowl. Add additional salt and pepper as desired.
- Spread or place slices of Camembert evenly along the base of the pastry crust.
- Top with shallots, as well as most of the spinach and chopped salmon.
- Pour egg mixture evenly into crust.
- Add remaining spinach and salmon. Top with shredded basil, dill, and Gruyère.
- Bake until golden (about 40 minutes).