Scrambled Eggs ‘James Bond’
Name: Scrambled Eggs ‘James Bond’
Inspired by: James Bond
Serving Size: Serves four individualists
This is Ian Fleming's recipe, as featured in 007 in New York. He seems to love the dish nearly as much as his famous protagonist. Scrambled eggs are mentioned in almost every James Bond novel - and where they aren't mentioned, eggs of some form surely are!
Making Scrambled Eggs 'James Bond'
You will need:
- 12 fresh eggs
- Salt and pepper, as desired
- 5-6 ounces of fresh butter
- Chives or fines herbes (parsley, chives, tarragon, and chervil), finely chopped
- Break the eggs into a bowl. Beat thoroughly with a fork and season with salt and pepper.
- Melt four ounces of the butter in a saucepan. When melted, pour in the eggs and cook over a very low heat, whisking continuously with a small egg whisk.
- While the eggs are slightly more moist than you would wish for eating, remove the pan from heat. Add rest of butter and herbs, and continue whisking for half a minute.
- Serve on hot buttered toast in individual copper dishes (for appearance only) with pink champagne (Taittinger) and low music.