"Mom used to make those. Haven't had any...in a long time. I'll check it out. Thanks, Spider-Guy." - Gloria
Spider-Man (2018 video game)
- Combine milk with lemon juice in a bowl, and wait for milk to curdle (about 10 minutes).
- Meanwhile: in a separate bowl, mix together buckwheat flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Melt butter in a small bowl, and add to flour mixture.
- Separate egg yolks from whites, reserving both. Beat egg yolks, and add to flour mixture.
- When milk has curdled, mix molasses into the milk mixture. Then, pour into the flour mixture and stir.
- In a separate bowl, whip the egg whites until stiff (but not dry).
- Fold egg whites into the batter gently until blended (don't overmix!).
- Grease a frying pan with extra butter. For each pancake: cook until small bubbles appear on top. Then, flip and cook until bottom is lightly browned.
- Serve hot with extra butter and maple syrup.