"You know, I'm having a hard time believing she's someone's aunt." - Tony Stark
This walnut date loaf is so soft and flavorful. Delicious hot from the oven, and even better the next day. If you're not a fan of rum, you can substitute coffee or water for the Kahlúa.
Captain America 3 - Civil War
- Bring water and Kahlúa to a boil in a small saucepan. Meanwhile, chop the dates.
- In a large bowl, combine chopped dates and melted butter.
- Pour the Kahlúa mixture over the dates, and let stand.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl.
- Once cool, stir in brown sugar and egg. Fold in flour mixture until just blended.
- Stir in 1 cup of walnuts.
- Pour the mixture into a prepared 9x5 loaf pan. Sprinkle with streusel and additional chopped walnuts.
- Bake until golden brown and cooked through (about 50 minutes).
- Mix all ingredients in a small bowl until crumbly.