"I make cherries jubillee and I volunteer for dragons, and I conjugate Latin verbs-- or at least I would if anyone would let me. So there!" - Cimorene (Dealing with Dragons)
If you're cooking for dragons, you may need to double the serving size a few hundred times and serve in buckets.
Dealing with Dragons
The Office S8E3 - Turf War
- Wash cherries and remove stems and pits. (You can use a knife to slice the cherries down the middle, and then scoop out the exposed pits.)
- In a skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Once the butter has melted, add cherries.
- Heat until the cherries soften and release juices (about 5 minutes).
- Stir in the sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Sprinkle flour over cherry mixture (to avoid lumps) and stir well to combine.
- Add magical flavoring. If you're using liqueur as your flavoring, ask your dragon to flame the pan (or do it yourself) to burn off the alcohol (optional).
- Continue to cook until mixture has thickened (and flame has extinguished).
- Remove from heat and serve warm with ice cream.