"Well, at least it's a pie now." - Wendy
This pie is based on the in-game recipe which calls for white-fleshed dragonfruit and three berries. The dragonfruit nicely mellows out the sharpness of the raspberries.
- Dice butter and chill.
- Combine 1.5 cups flour with salt and 1/2 tablespoon sugar. (You can mix manually or use a food processor.)
- Add in the diced butter and oil, and combine until butter is pea-sized.
- Add cold water until the mixture forms a ball.
- Roll into ball, cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate (at least 30 minutes).
- Cut the dragonfruit in half, and scoop out enough for 1/4 of a cup. Clean and reserve skin (if you set it in the refrigerator it will dry out somewhat).
- In a blender, puree 1/4 cup chopped dragonfruit with lemon juice and 5 raspberries.
- Pour into bowl and mix in remaining 1/4 cup flour and 1/2 cup sugar. Cover and chill.
- Roll out chilled dough between two sheets of waxed paper. Make sure the dough is thin enough (1/4-inch or thinner) and large enough to fit a 6-inch pie pan.
- Peel off the top paper, and flip dough onto 6-inch pie pan. Peel off second piece of waxed paper.
- Cut the dough to fit the pan more exactly, and crimp edges.
- Pour dragonfruit mixture into crust.
- Top with additional 1/3 cup of raspberries.
- Cut long, skinny rectangles with remaining pie dough. These should be just long enough to fit over the top of the pie.
- Place dough rectangles over top of pie in a lattice. (If you like, you don't have to weave the dough! You can just place 4-5 strips in one direction, and then repeat over the top with another 4-5 in a perpendicular direction.)
- Bake at 400 degrees F (204 degrees C) until golden (about 30 minutes).
- Cut dragonfruit skin into 1 3/8 inch rings, and cut a slit down each ring. Once pie has cooled, wrap the open rings around the pan.