Name: Eggs Machiavellian
Inspired by: The Sims
Serving Size: serves 1
Every now and then I treat myself to an extravagant breakfast. Life's just too short to not have herbed eggs over easy, thick slabs of bacon, and perfectly grilled juicy watermelon.
Making the Eggs Machiavellian
You will need:
- 2 (1" thick) quarter-slices watermelon
- Oil, for frying and grilling
- Salt and pepper, as desired
- 2 eggs
- Parmesan cheese, as desired
- 2 slices bacon
- 1 teaspoon each of of fresh oregano and thyme, minced
- 3 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon of fresh basil, minced
- Preheat grill to medium high heat (about 375 degrees F or 190 degrees C).
- Brush each watermelon slice with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill watermelon without lid (about 1 minute each side, or until grill marks appear). Transfer to plate.
- Meanwhile, cook eggs: oil and heat a skillet over medium. Once skillet has warmed (about 1-2 minutes), crack eggs into the pan.
- Allow whites to solidify on the bottom, and then fold the solid egg white over the top.
- Flip and continue cooking until whites are crisp and yolks are mildly soft. Transfer to plate, and sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Cook bacon in skillet, flipping until both sides are cooked.
- Sprinkle oregano and thyme on eggs, and top watermelon with blue cheese and basil. Enjoy with bacon on the side.
You might also like...