Every now and then I treat myself to an extravagant breakfast. Life's just too short to not have herbed eggs over easy, thick slabs of bacon, and perfectly grilled juicy watermelon.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat (about 375 degrees F or 190 degrees C).
- Brush each watermelon slice with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill watermelon without lid (about 1 minute each side, or until grill marks appear). Transfer to plate.
- Meanwhile, cook eggs: oil and heat a skillet over medium. Once skillet has warmed (about 1-2 minutes), crack eggs into the pan.
- Allow whites to solidify on the bottom, and then fold the solid egg white over the top.
- Flip and continue cooking until whites are crisp and yolks are mildly soft. Transfer to plate, and sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Cook bacon in skillet, flipping until both sides are cooked.
- Sprinkle oregano and thyme on eggs, and top watermelon with blue cheese and basil. Enjoy with bacon on the side.