Inspired by: The Lord of the Rings
Serving Size: 1 pitcher
Secret Ingredient: Mint
"The effect of the draught began at the toes, and rose steadily through every limb, bringing refreshment and vigour..." - The Two Towers
Making the Ent-Draught
You will need:
- 6 cups water
- 1/2 cup loose white tea leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon chamomile flowers
- 5 cups ice cubes
- Mint sprig (optional garnish)
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil.
- Add herbs, allowing water to simmer for 1 minute before turning off heat.
- Let the tea steep and cool (about 20 minutes).
- Fill a pitcher with ice and optional mint sprig.
- Pour tea over ice and stir.
- Serve chilled.