Evil Delicious Spicy Noodles
Name: Evil Delicious Spicy Noodles
Inspired by: Kingdom of Loathing
Secret Ingredient: Thai red chili
"What makes them evil? I dunno, the souls of orphans or kittens or orphan kittens or something, does it really matter?" - Description of the evil delicious spicy noodles item
Deliciously evil. Pairs excellently with shrimp, seared scallops, or other seafood.
Making the Evil Delicious Spicy Noodles
You will need:
- Fire-roasted or squid ink pasta (e.g., spaghetti al nero di seppia)
- Butter or oil (for frying)
- At least 4 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 Thai red chili
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 cup colorful grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chicken or seafood broth
- Salt and pepper (as desired)
- Cook spaghetti in boiling water until al dente (about 8-10 minutes).
- Meanwhile: chop vegetables, and heat a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add butter, and swirl to coat the pan.
- Add scallops, and make sure they stay apart. Brown ~2 minutes on each side until golden, then place on a plate and cover loosely with foil.
- Clean skillet, and heat remaining butter.
- Add mushrooms, onion, minced chili, and spices, until onion is tender.
- Slice tomatoes in half and add to mixture, along with the white wine and lemon juice.
- Reduce wine at least 1 minute, then add broth. Cook bacon in microwave according to package directions.
- Pour sauce over pasta, and top with reserved scallops and crumbled bacon.