"Weve got this sort of, um, baked pasta thing, I don't know how to describe it. It's a bit early for asparagus, but it has asparagus, and it's kind of lemony, and it's got a little too much cheese." - Scott Pilgrim
- Trim and wash asparagus.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (204 degrees C).
- Place asparagus on a baking sheet, and toss with oil, salt, and pepper. Top with lemon slices.
- Bake 20-25 minutes.
- Once asparagus has cooled somewhat, chop each spear into thirds.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Slowly whisk in flour, then milk.
- Simmer until thick (about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in Parmesan, salt, and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Boil pasta until al dente (about 8 minutes). Drain and set aside in baking dish.
- Add sauce to baking dish with basil, thyme, 1/8 cup lemon juice, and mozzarella.
- Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes. The, remove foil and bake for an additional 7 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven. For each serving transferred to a plate, add chopped asparagus, sprinkle some of the remaining lemon juice, and top generously with Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley.
- Serve with garlic bread and salad.