Name: Scooby Snacks
Inspired by: Scooby-Doo
Secret Ingredient: Peanut butter
"Would you do it for a Scooby Snack?" - Daphne Blake
This is meant to be a great healthy snack for your dog*, but you can eat Scooby Snacks too (at your own risk)! They're a bit dry, so if you do try eating them, treat them like regular biscuits dunked in tea or coffee, or spread with butter or jam. Some people enjoy shaping the dough into balls and flattening like (people) cookies. Then, they use two cookies to make a "sandwich" with sweet jelly inside!
* Just like most dog foods, you will want to be careful if feeding a puppy. Talk with your local vet before feeding anything new to your pup.
Making the Scooby Snacks
You will need:
- 1 egg + 1 (optional) egg white for brushing
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 bananas
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup oats
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, mash the peeled bananas.
- Add egg, peanut butter, water, and honey and mix well.
- Gradually, stir in the oats and flour. (If dough is too sticky, add more flour.)
- On a floured surface, knead dough into a ball and flatten to be 1/4th of an inch thick.
- Cut out dog biscuit shapes using a knife or a cookie cutter.
- Place biscuits on a greased cookie sheet.
- Brush the top of each biscuit with egg white (optional).
- Bake until golden (about 30-40 minutes) and allow to cool on wire rack.
- Break biscuits in half to look like the cartoon picture (optional).