Sinful Gingerbread Cookies
Name: Sinful Gingerbread Cookies
Inspired by: League of Legends
Serving Size: 24 cookies
Secret Ingredient: Dark molasses (provides dark binding)
"While I may be focused on freeing my people from the tyranny...there's always room for pie." - Morgana
Eggless chocolate-dipped gingerbread. Not everyone digs the chocolate, but those who do can't get enough of it.
Making the Sinful Gingerbread Cookies
You will need:
- 3 cups flour
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup dark molasses
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Mix dry ingredients until thoroughly combined.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- While stirring, add molasses and milk.
- Roll out dough between two sheets of waxed or parchment paper (~1/4" thick) on top of a baking sheet. (You will likely have multiple stacks.)
- Freeze 15-20 minutes, or refrigerate at least 2 hours (can refrigerate overnight).
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C).
- Peel off top paper from one of the dough sheets.
- Cut dough with a gingerbread person cookie cutter, and transfer to oiled baking sheet. Space ~3/4" apart.
- Bake until set (~8 minutes).
Making the (Optional) Chocolate Dip
You will need:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 chocolate squares or 1 cup chocolate chips
- Melt ingredients over stove or in microwave-safe bowl (~30 seconds). Do not overcook.
- Once cookies have cooled, spoon chocolate dip on top.
- Enjoy cookies warm or cold!