"Let me guess - someone stole your sweetroll?" - Hold guards
Reddit user mariekenna-photos made our sweetrolls, and took a great picture (complete with a cheese wheel)! Check it out in the gallery below.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Stir in eggs, syrup, milk, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon.
- Stir in flour one half cup at a time until just combined.
- Spoon batter evenly into greased muffin pan.
- Bake until golden brown (about 25 minutes).
- Once cool, remove from pan. Slice off the rounded top, and flip over. Cut a small hole (not all the way through!) in the middle.
- Mix all ingredients together until smooth.
- To complete the sweetroll, spoon icing over the pastry.