"Resist 4% of fire damage for 60 seconds." - Description of the Snowberry Crostata item
Snowberries are toxic in real life, but a blueberry crostata with decadent raspberry sauce is a delicious (and non-poisonous!) substitute.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Whisk the egg together with the water in a small bowl to make an egg wash.
- Using a rolling pin, flatten the crostata dough into a big circle and place in a prepared baking dish.
- Pour the blueberry filling in the center, leaving a 2-inch border.
- Fold the uncovered border of dough up over the filling.
- Apply the egg wash to the dough.
- Bake until golden brown (about 30 minutes).
- Warm the raspberry sauce in the microwave if necessary before drizzling over the crostata.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour and salt.
- Gradually add this mixture to the butter and sugar.
- Add water until the entire mixture becomes doughy. Do not overhandle.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Combine cornstarch and water in a medium bowl.
- Mix until uniform and set aside.
- Next, in a large saucepan, mix raspberries, sugar, and orange juice.
- Add the cornstarch mixture and heat to a boil.
- While stirring, simmer until thickened (about 5 minutes).
- Strain mixture through a sieve or use a blender to create a smooth raspberry sauce (optional).
- Store in the refrigerator until needed.
- In a large bowl, mix cornstarch and juices until smooth.
- Mix in blueberries and sugar.