Sheldon's Southern Zucchini Bread
Name: Sheldon's Southern Zucchini Bread
Inspired by: The Big Bang Theory
Secret Ingredient: Cinnamon
"Penny...Penny...Penny...zucchini bread!" - Sheldon Cooper
Making the Zucchini Bread
You will need:
- 2-4 zucchini (2 cups worth)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Wash and grate zucchinis, reserving the shredded pieces in a bowl.
- In a large bowl, mix eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar.
- Gradually add dry ingredients, mixing until just combined, and finally stir in the shredded zucchini.
- Pour batter into a greased 8x4x3 loaf pan.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the loaf comes out clean (about 45 minutes), and let cool before serving.