The amount of preparation that goes into these things is well worth it. Biting into one of these is a small glance at heaven.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (204 degrees C).
- Roll out dough into a rectangle.
- Cut out large rounds (3-4 inches in diameter) and place on a prepared baking sheet.
- Make round indents in each pastry, and allow it to rise slightly. You can flour the bottom of a spice container to easily make the indents.
- Bake pastries until golden brown (about 10 minutes). While still warm, renew the indentations.
- While the pastries are cooling, make glaze by combining milk, vanilla, and powdered sugar in a medium bowl.
- Brush glaze on each cooled pastry, and complete by adding a dollup of boiled creme in the center.