"Just take a bite, Piemur. You'll see. Get a bubbly or two inside you, and you'll feel more like yourself." - Ranly
Bubbly pies are cute, luscious blueberry desserts that can fit in the palm of your hand. This recipe became considerably popular after being published in The Dragonlover's Guide to Pern, and spread by word of mouth among Anne McCaffrey's fans.
Dragonriders of Pern
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Split the pie crust dough in half.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out both halves of dough, and split each half into six balls.
- Roll out every ball to a thickness of 1/8-inch.
- For each flattened ball of dough, cut out circles of a 5-inch diameter.
- Place each circle into the well of a tart pan that has been lightly greased and floured.
- Spoon berries into crust and dot with butter.
- Add a second circle of dough on top of each tart, using water or milk help seal the edges if necessary.
- Brush the top of each pie with milk (optional), and prick slits into the top of each pie using a knife or fork.
- Bake until golden-brown (about 20 minutes).