Name: Frozen Banana
Inspired by: Arrested Development
Serving Size: 4 frozen banana pops
Secret Ingredient: Your favorite topping
"There's always money in the banana stand." - George Bluth, Sr.
Sweet and natural! Experiment with your own toppings like crushed oreos, butterscotch, white chocolate, caramel, and cookie dough.
Making the Frozen Banana
You will need:
- 4 bananas
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 popsicle sticks
- Toppings as desired (see ideas below)
- Peel the bananas. Cut 1 inch off the bottom and insert a popsicle stick for each banana.
- Place the bananas on a baking sheet lined with waxed paper and freeze (about 1 hour).
- When an hour has almost passed, combine oil and chips in a large microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave the bowl on full power in 20 second intervals, stirring between each interval.
- Be careful not to overcook! Stop heating when most chips have melted and stir well to produce a smooth sauce.
- Dip each banana in the chocolate sauce and turn to coat.
- Sprinkle on or roll banana in desired toppings.
- Transfer decorated bananas to the baking sheet and refreeze (about 30 minutes).
- Once frozen, serve immediately or keep frozen in an airtight container for later.
Arrested Development Menu -
More ideas -
- Original Frozen Banana: dipped in hot fudge and covered with fresh nuts
- George Daddy: frozen dipped bananas sandwiched between chocolate grahams
- G.O.B.: double dipped in chocolate with double the nuts
- Giddy-Girly Banana: hot fudge and pink candy hearts
- Buzz: sauce made with brown sugar, coffee, and whip cream
- Cocoa Heaven: hot fudge, brownie hunks, and extra chocolate chips
- Cookies 'n Cream: marshmallow and oreos
- Cloud City: cream cheese frosting and chunks of red velvet cake
- Hunka Chunk: caramel and waffle cone pieces
- Lumberjack Dream: maple syrup and bacon
- Rollin' In Dough: hot fudge and cookie dough
- Nutty Nana: walnuts and butterscotch chips
- Tango Marango: blueberry, lemon, raspberry, or strawberry sauce
- The Cruncher: caramel and fudge-covered potato chips
- Treasure Mountain: M&M's and rainbow sprinkles
- Valentine Special: white chocolate chips and candy hearts