Inspired by: Final Fantasy XIV
Serving Size: serves 4
Secret Ingredient: High-quality local honey
"A tasty gruel of cracked wheat, raisins, and spices boiled in Aldgoat milk." - Description of the Frumenty meal
I always had oatmeal growing up. It was my rushed 6AM breakfast before school, and it was never any fun. Still, this recipe has slowly become my morning ritual again, and I don't think it's because I'm getting older. Maybe it's the spices, maybe it's the honey and the real fruit...or maybe it's just the fact that I get to call it frumenty. Frumenty is just fun to say.
You will need:
- 3 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups cracked wheat or rolled oats
- Ground cinnamon, to taste
- Milk, to taste
- Honey, to taste
- 3/4 cup raisins
- On stovetop, bring water to a boil.
- Stir in oats and cinnamon.
- Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally (about 1 minute).
- Remove from heat, and serve in deep bowls.
- Top with a splash of milk, as well as honey, milk, raisins, and any additional cinnamon to taste.
- Note: Frumenty tends to stick to the cooking pot, so be sure to serve it hot and wash the pot as soon as you can. You can also make frumenty in the microwave by heating 1/2 cup oats and 1 cup water per serving (about 45 seconds).