Nutmeg lends a comforting flavor to these potato pancakes. (I chose to use the spice in the pancakes rather than the mirror apple purée.) If you don't have true red popotos, you can substitute one Idaho russet potato per three red potatoes.
Final Fantasy XIV
- Wash and grate the potatoes (or use a food processor). Drain any liquid, and add to a bowl.
- Mix in egg, salt, and nutmeg. Add flour by the tablespoon until batter forms.
- Set a frying pan on medium heat, and add a generous amount of oil (at least 1/2 inch high).
- To make each pancake: add about three spoonfuls of batter to the pan, cook three minutes each side, and transfer to a dish lined with paper towels.
- Serve with mirror apple purée.