"I used to eat this as a kid all the time." - Lars
This can be a difficult recipe to follow if you're just starting out with cooking. If you have a friend who's made a roll cake before, it might be a good idea to invite them over to help out!
This recipe is modified from a request by Brandon White. Thanks for the recipe request, Brandon!
- Once Ube cake has completely cooled, gently unroll it.
- Spread cake with buttercream. Leave about a half an inch around the edge unfrosted (the filling will spread a bit as you roll).
- Slowly roll the cake up again (this time, without the towel!).
- Put roll cake in fridge for it to become firm (at least 1 hour).
- Take out, add 3 dollops of buttercream on top, and enjoy!