"This is no ordinary apple! It's a magic wishing apple." - Evil Queen
These may not be poisonous, but they're deadly addictive. Baked apples are stuffed with brown sugar and cinnamon crisp, and then coated with creamy white chocolate ganache. Perfect for Halloween! For best results, use a red baking apple such as Braeburn or Jonagold.
Snow White and the Seven Dwarves
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Core apple, but not all the way through: use a knife to make the initial cuts, and then scoop out most of the core with a spoon.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar, oats, cinnamon, nutmeg, and any optional ingredients.
- Fill apple with oatmeal raisin mixture, and top with a pat of butter.
- Place in baking pan, and pour apple juice around the apple. Bake until tender (about 30 minutes).
- Meanwhile, make white chocolate sauce: Melt 2 tbsp of butter over medium heat. Add light cream and white chocolate chips. Do not overheat! Stir continuously until mixture is smooth.
- Remove from heat, and allow to sit until cool enough to touch. You should be able to shape the cooled ganache with your hands.
- Shape white chocolate over stuffed apples that have been allowed to cool slightly. Use a knife or spoon to make a skull face, as pictured.
- Enjoy cold, or warm in microwave for a toasty treat with ice cream.