"Now, come on over! I baked y'all an apple pie." - Tree Trunks
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Roll out dough. Place bottom crust in pan.
- Peel, core, and slice apples.
- Place apple slices in a large bowl. Toss with spices and lemon juice.
- Mound the apples in the crust.
- Make and pour butter sauce (below) evenly over the apples.
- Top with another crust layer. Cut slits in the top.
- Bake 15 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C), and continue baking until pie is done (about 40 minutes).