Inspired by: Monsters, Inc.
Serving Size: 2 cones
"No, no, no, don't worry. It's lemon." - Yeti
Since snow isn't generally considered safe for consumption, this recipe uses shaved ice. I crushed my ice cubes by sealing them in two plastic bags and mashing them with a steel plate. You can also use a blender (but it's less fun).
Making the Snowcones
You will need:
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice (or other flavor)
- 25 ice cubes, crushed
- 1/4 cup raspberries or blueberries (optional garnish)
- In pot, stir together water and sugar.
- Boil sugar mixture, uncovered, until the texture becomes syrupy (about 10 minutes).
- Add lemon juice and stir well to incorporate.
- In serving bowl, mix crushed ice cubes with flavored syrup.
- Garnish with berries (optional), and serve chilled.