Avocado and Crabmeat Salad
Name: Avocado and Crabmeat Salad
Inspired by: The Bell Jar
"Every Sunday my grandfather used to bring me an avocado pear hidden at the bottom of his briefcase under six soiled shirts and the Sunday comics." - Esther
Easy, fancy, and healthy - this recipe is great for a party. Dice, mix, and you're done! Feel free to swap in/out veggies to add your own personal flair.
Making the Avocado and Crabmeat Salad
You will need:
- 1 lb. cooked crab meat
- 1/4 cup onion
- 1/4 cup red cabbage
- 1/4 cup cucumber
- 1/4 cup celery
- 1/2 cup green pepper
- 1/2 cup red pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Juice of 3 limes
- Salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons fresh chives
- Dice all vegetables and crabmeat.
- Combine in a small bowl with the mustard and juice of two limes. Salt and pepper as desired, then refrigerate.
- Right before serving, cut avocados in half, remove seeds and peel. Sprinkle each with lime juice to prevent browning.
- Fill the cup of each avocado with the crab salad.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce, and garnish with chives.