Name: Carrot Crepes
Inspired by: My Little Pony
Serving Size: 8 small crepes
Secret Ingredient: Friendship
"Hot carrot crepes! Get em here, get em hot!" - Roma
In the spirit of the show, I like making rainbow crepes with yellow, purple, and orange carrots.
Roma appears to sell them plain, but it's worth noting that sweet carrot crepes pair excellently with uttaberry sauce and cream.
Making Carrot Crepes
You will need:
- 2 cups grated carrot
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup flour
- Oil, for frying
- Sweet or Savoury Seasoning (see below)
- Combine all ingredients except oil.
- Add sweet or savoury seasoning to mixture, depending on your preference.
- Allow the mixture to chill (about 1 hour; batter will keep overnight). This will prevent tearing during cooking.
- When ready, heat an oiled saucepan over medium heat.
- Once the pan is hot, pour batter in pan, swirling to cover.
- Flip when edges begin to look dry. Continue to cook until golden brown on both sides.
Mix the following and add to batter for sweet crepes:
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
Mix the following and add to batter for savoury crepes:
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley or tarragon
- 1 teaspoon fresh chives
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper