Name: Cinnamon Bunny
Inspired by: Undertale
Serving Size: about 8 bunnies
Secret Ingredient: Determination
"A cinnamon roll in the shape of a bunny." - Description of the Cinnamon Bunny item
Making the Cinnamon Bunnies
You will need:
- 1 cup + 3 tablespoons milk
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 packet (2 1/4 teaspoons) Active Dry yeast
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- Scald 1 cup milk and 3 tablespoons of the butter and let rest until warm to the touch.
- Transfer to a large bowl, and add yeast. Set aside and wait for yeast to activate (5-10 minutes)
- Add salt and 1 tablespoon granulated sugar.
- Stir in flour, 1/2 cup at a time.
- Knead into ball, and place in an oiled bowl. Cover and let rise until doubled (about 1 hour).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C).
- In a small bowl, combine cinnamon and remaining sugar (1/4 cup).
- Roll out dough into a thin rectangle, and cut down the long side at about the 1/3 width mark. Brush both rectangles with 3 tablespoons butter, and cover with cinnamon mixture.
- Roll up 2/3 of the dough from the longer side, and cut into (~2 inch) slices.
- Cut the 1/3 rectangle into thin strips, and fold the edges toward the center. These are the "ears" of the bunny.
- Wet your fingers and seal ears on each roll.
- Place each bunny on a buttered baking sheet, and bake until golden brown (about 12 minutes).
- Let cool (about 5 minutes). While waiting, make glaze by combining 2 cups confectioners' sugar, 1 tablespoon vanilla, 4 tablespoons melted butter, and 3 tablespoons milk. (If too thick, add more milk.)
- Complete the cinnamon bunnies by drizzling glaze over the rolls.
- (Alternate bunny shape: follow steps 8 and 9 without cutting at 1/3 width mark. Wrap each ~2 inch slice with a circle of dough, pinch edges and use water to seal, and use pastry cutters to cut out ears on top. Use a raisin or a cranberry for nose when out of oven, and glue with a dab of melted white chocolate. When cool, use two white chocolate chips for the tail. This version is difficult, as the roll may "pop" during baking, so you may need to trim the ends before decorating.)
You might also like...