Name: Jazbay Crostata
Inspired by: Skyrim
Serving Size: one large 9" crostata
Secret Ingredient: Sweet red or blue grapes
"There was a time when it would be considered treason to pick one of these grapes without express permission from the Emperor himself." - Agneta Falia
Honey-roasted grapes on a buttery crust with light cheesecake filling. Can't get much better than that.
Making the Crostata Dough
You will need:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/8 cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- Cream butter and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour and salt.
- Gradually add this mixture to the butter and sugar.
- Add water until the entire mixture becomes doughy. Do not overhandle.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
Completing the Jazbay Crostata
You will need:
- Crostata Dough
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons honey
- 2 cups halved grapes (seedless or seeds removed)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, flour, egg, and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- In another bowl, mix lemon juice, honey, and grape halves.
- Using a rolling pin, flatten the crostata dough into a big circle and place in a prepared baking dish. Crimp the edges.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture in the center of the dough circle.
- Fill the remaining center of dough with grape halves, flat side down.
- Bake until golden brown (about 30 minutes).