Name: Shrimp'n'Hotroot Soup
Inspired by: Redwall
"Marvellous! Nobeast can make shrimp'n'hotroot like you do, sir!" - Tiria
This recipe is adapted from the one provided in The Redwall Cookbook. It's less of a soup, and more of a thick potato curry with a spicy kick.
Making the Shrimp'n'Hotroot Soup
You will need:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic pod
- 1 large onion
- 2 medium leeks
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 3 medium potatoes
- 1 teaspoon chili or curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon horseradish powder
- 8 oz. peeled and cooked shrimp
- 1 cup milk
- Salt and pepper as desired
- Wash leeks and potatoes. Chop leeks, onion, and garlic; then peel and chop potatoes.
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat
- Add garlic, onion, and leeks. Cook until soft but not brown (about 5 minutes).
- Add vegetable stock, potatoes, chili/curry powder, and salt and pepper.
- Cover and simmer until potatoes are soft (about 15 minutes).
- Add shrimp and milk, and stir until mixture is uniformly heated.