Name: Strawberry Fizz
Inspired by: Taggerung (Redwall)
Serving Size: 2 beasts (about 3 cups)
Secret Ingredient: Honey
"Yeek! I'm full of fizzy bubbles! It's marvellous!" - Fwirl
Strawberry Fizz, or Fizzing Strawberry Cordial, was served first to the Lord and Lady Strawberry in Taggerung. Generally, it is a favored drink for little ones of Redwall (Dibbuns). Older beasts may replace the soda water with chilled sparkling wine.
Making the Strawberry Fizz
You will need:
- 1.5 cups water
- 1/8 cup sugar (or more as desired)
- 1/8 cup honey
- 2 cups strawberries
- At least 1.5 cups soda water
- In a large pot, boil water.
- Stir in honey and sugar until dissolved.
- Turn off heat, add strawberries, and cover. Leave covered for at least 1 hour.
- Using the cover of the pot to keep the strawberries from falling out, pour the liquid into a bowl (or pitcher). At this point, you can discard or eat the strawberries themselves. The warm strawberries will look like vampires have bit them because they have lost much of their coloring, but they will taste fantastic (the flavor reminds me of strawberry pie).
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- Once cooled, pour into glass and top with soda water for the fizz.
More Recipes for Strawberry Fizz