"And raspberry jam and apple-tart." - Bifur
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Arrange cooled apples in a spiral pattern in the center of the dough.
- Pinch or fold the edges of dough toward the center.
- Brush dough with ice water, and sprinkle evenly with granulated sugar.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cut into wedges, and serve warm with raspberry jam and black tea.
- Blend in oil thoroughly with fork.
- Sprinkle the water all over the mixture and mix well.
- Press dough firmly into a ball. If dough is too dry, add a bit more oil.
- Roll out between wax paper into a 14-inch circle.
- Lay pie crust in pie dish or baking sheet.
- Wash, core, peel, and slice the apples.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add brown sugar and 2 tablespoons granulated sugar.
- Stir, cooking for two minutes or until all of the sugar has dissolved.
- Stir in apple pieces, juice, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Reduce heat and cover. Cook for 20 minutes or until apples are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat. Allow to cool to room temperature.